the GETTING READY guide
A MODERN PORTRAIT EXPERIENCE DESIGNED ESPECIALLY FOR YOU
Are you Ready?
Preparing for your shoot is an opportunity to indulge in self-pampering for up to a week before your session! Who wouldn't like that?! Make this an event for yourself, you deserve it! Meanwhile, here are are few tips and ideas to help you get started...
- How would you like to be photographed? Glamour, Boudoir, Casual-Glam, Headshots, Artsy Portraits, Fashion, Conceptual...what does your dream shoot look like and lets make it happen!
- Familiarize yourself with the look and feel of my work by checking out my gallery. I love styling your shoot for YOU.
- Consider your portrait goals in advance; setting your intention beforehand will ensure that you be proud to show off your images-will you be hanging your art, coordinating with your home decor? Will you make it an album or Folio Box?
- Skin care and grooming are key in making you look and feel your best.. Shave, wax, get a trim and maybe even a visit to a salon to refresh your hair color! Don't forget your eyebrows, eyelash extensions if preferred), and moisturize moisturize moisturize for supple smooth skin.
- Eating right, keeping hydrated, and getting good rest should top the list. Avoid a night out and alcohol the night before your session-no bloodshot eyes and dark circles allowed till maybe AFTER your shoot for a Girls Night Out!!! :-P
Book yourself a manicure/pedicure for a fresh, clean polish. Nothing like beautiful nails to boost up the GLAM! Colors are great but YOU are the star of the show and neutral nails go with everything.
When making outfit choices, think BIG, go GLAM and find what makes you feel beautiful and confident! Beautiful gowns are not just for a night at the theatre. Lace, tulle, long, short, bandage, a-line-the possibilities are endless! Intimate attire like lovely teddies, classic silk slips, and satin robes are perfect for your Boudoir shoot. Check out my STYLE GUIDE for some gorgeous yet affordable options....GO CRAZY!!!
ACCESSORIZE & MAGNETIZE
Don't forget your accessories; a chain pendant or necklace, your favorite bracelet or ring...scarves, silk wraps --I will help you design a magazine-worthy look.
UNDERGARMENTS MATTER TOO
Bring neutral undergarments that will not overshadow your outfit-unless they're meant to! Strapless bras, black or nude, lacy , padded or unlined, neutral tone undies or briefs are also essential to your comfort.